Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Olivier Armand <ol...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/08 13:43:42 UTC

Re: Docker-based app: defining application.def

Hi,

Rephrasing the initial question: should users consider Slider's Docker
support usable starting from 0.80, as there doesn't seem to be any public
sample nor up-to-date documentation?

-- Olivier

Posted by Yu Liu <yl...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi, Olivier:

Sorry about the delay of the response. For some reason, I didn't receive your original email in my mailbox.

'application.def' is not required for launching Docker based application through Slider. I just re-verified with the tip of develop branch of Slider and it seems to work fine.

Can you please checkout the latest revision of develop branch if you don't have to stick to your current revision of Slider?

http://slider.incubator.apache.org/docs/slider_specs/application_pkg_docker.html
is the documentation for how to deploy Docker applications with Slider

Please let me know if your problem remains.

Thank you

Thomas

Fwd-ing to the DL again, as it seems our docker dev was not receiving
these emails.

-Gour

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.