Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by "Yuan,Youjun" <yu...@baidu.com> on 2016/09/14 08:00:34 UTC

when Calcite will support windowing, like TUMBLE, HOP

Hi all,

I am working on a project to translate SQL into Flink stream API, and want to leverage Calcite to do the parsing, validation and converting to RelNode.
So my question is: is there a plan which release will Calcite support the window functions, as introduced in https://calcite.apache.org/docs/stream.html#tumbling-windows?

I know there are CEIL, FLOOR functions, but that seems not expressive enough to express tumbling, sliding, session window syntax.

Thanks in advance!

Youjun Yuan

Re: when Calcite will support windowing, like TUMBLE, HOP

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
We’d like to add these, and there are JIRA cases logged, e.g. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-768 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-768>, but we have not committed to a particular timeline.