Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Henrik Oddershede <he...@cs.auc.dk> on 2002/08/10 15:51:21 UTC

Default context

Hi.

I'm having a problem with my Tomcat-4.0.4 running on solaris. I want
Tomcat to create a default context for every user who has a
".public_dw3/tomcat" in their home dir. To accomplish that, I have edited
server.xml and added the following lines in the <host>-tag:

<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
directoryName=".public_dw3/tomcat" homeBase="/user/"
userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.HomesUserDatabase"/>

<DefaultContext reloadable="true">
</DefaultContext>

This works to a certain extend. That is, if a user has the mentioned
directories in his home dir when Tomcat is launched, then he will get a
default context and everything is right. If a user adds the directories
when Tomcat is running, then they will not get a context - thus I am
forced to restart Tomcat every time this happens.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Henrik