Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/09/07 04:26:44 UTC

tigris skin

Hello,

Ahh... one good news. My company (Terra-International, Inc.)'s website
[http://www.terra-intl.com/]
is now using the Apache Forrest (Yay!)

--

BTW,

I am using krysalis-site skin because the backgrond color is good.
(And "ws-site" module is using krysalis-site skin, too)
However, it seems that the skin of the current CVS HEAD and
Forrest 0.4 are different apparently because of the "folding"
(and piling up) functions of the left-side navigator.

Personally, I do like the "Forrest 0.4" krysalis-site skin.

How it could be done (using current CVS HEAD)?
I will have a hesitation to upgrade the
ws-site using Forrest 0.5 because of this...

Thanks

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

Re: krysalis-site skin (Re: tigris skin)

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Anyway, how about we add a 'collapsible-menus' switch to skinconf.xml for
> 0.5.1, which makes the javascript folding optional?

Yup, that's an open @todo.

<collapsible-menus>all|first|none|disable</collapsible-menus>

all=make collapsible, but show all first level
first=make collapsible, but show only first item open
none=make collapsible, but show no item open
disable=do not make collapsible

Is this ok?

> Patches welcome.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: krysalis-site skin (Re: tigris skin)

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:11:00 +1000
(Subject: krysalis-site skin (Re: tigris skin))
Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> wrote:

> > Personally, I do like the "Forrest 0.4" krysalis-site skin.
> Any particular reason why you don't like javascript folding menus?  I'm
> not sure I'd want it on my site either, but I'm hoping other people have
> more rational reasons than mine ;)

Simple Reason: People (users) can not see the whole structure
of the website at a glance, in case of collapsible-menus.

I admit that some of website have too long ;-) menu (left-side) bars for
our eyes to follow, however, most of the websites do not have much
longer menus.

> Anyway, how about we add a 'collapsible-menus' switch to skinconf.xml for
> 0.5.1, which makes the javascript folding optional?

+1 :-)

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

krysalis-site skin (Re: tigris skin)

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 11:26:44AM +0900, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> I am using krysalis-site skin because the backgrond color is good.
> (And "ws-site" module is using krysalis-site skin, too)
> However, it seems that the skin of the current CVS HEAD and
> Forrest 0.4 are different apparently because of the "folding"
> (and piling up) functions of the left-side navigator.
>
> Personally, I do like the "Forrest 0.4" krysalis-site skin.

Any particular reason why you don't like javascript folding menus?  I'm
not sure I'd want it on my site either, but I'm hoping other people have
more rational reasons than mine ;)

Anyway, how about we add a 'collapsible-menus' switch to skinconf.xml for
0.5.1, which makes the javascript folding optional?

Patches welcome.

--Jeff

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Gyaaa... sorry, I had to