Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by J <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/29 13:55:44 UTC

Newbie Q: organize .page and .html into packages?

'morning All,

Apoligies if this is in a FAQ or archived on gmane
somewhere, but I couldn't find it this morning when
searching.

Is it possible to organize your .page and .html files
into 'packages'/groups similar to how you can organize
your Java classes?  For example, to have something
like orderEntry, rating, and customerReturns
groupings?

...or is this normally done with file prefixing?

Jason

Re: Newbie Q: organize .page and .html into packages?

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
As an example of the subdirectory grouping, we often put related pages together:

+--src
   \--intranet
      \--view
         +--hr
            +--HR.html
            +--HR.java
            +--HR.page
            +--HRInsurance.html
            +--HRInsurance.java
            \--HRInsurance.page

We don't register each page in the .application spec because our war-building ant task will regroup the files into the expected places (WEB-INF and classes).  The down-side is that we can't properly view entire pages in an html editor while they're still in the source tree.  It works for us because we're converting existing apps with no change to the look; we have no web designers.  (Besides, it saves us the effort of keeping pages viewable, which is non-trivial effort in the presence of a border and other components.)

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
That looks cool!

Jamie
Posted by Jonathan O'Connor <Jo...@xcom.de>.
A couple more tips:
1. We use Spindle, and this has a nice popup menu command on the html file
to go to the .page or to the class file. There is a similar popup for the
.page file. This command means you can split the .java stuff from .html
and .page.

2. We try to keep the context folder exactly the same structure as the WAR
file needs. Then Spindle is happy, and so are HTML editors (if you use
relative paths). The ant script is also very easy. Note: to have nested
folders, you need to update .application file, as Mind Bridge suggested.
Ciao,
Jonathan O'Connor
XCOM Dublin

"Mind Bridge" <mi...@yahoo.com>
29/11/2004 14:43
Please respond to
"Tapestry users" <ta...@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tapestry users" <ta...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
[...]

*** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***

Diese E-Mail einschlie?lich ihrer Anhange ist vertraulich und ist allein fur den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfanger bestimmt. Dritten ist das Lesen, Verteilen oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail untersagt. Wir bitten, eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail unverzuglich vollstandig zu loschen und uns eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.

This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

RE: Newbie Q: organize .page and .html into packages?