Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Sohail Aboobaker <sa...@outlook.com> on 2015/05/31 18:44:31 UTC

Blank Attribute Editor in Directory Studio

Hi,

We recently had an issue with our production install of Apache DS 1.5 where suddenly spring ldap utility was not able to search any user from ldap.

After reading through the net and user group, it was concluded that we ran into a bug similar to

where concurrent writes and searches caused the directory to get corrupted. So, we are in process of moving to apache ds 2.0 in a hurry :)

However, this morning, when I look at the users using the ldap plug in in eclipse, it doesn't show me any attributes for any user.

Is there a way to trouble shoot and find out if the attributes are all gone or is it just browser choking on some unknown error.

Thanks.

Regards,
Sohail Aboobaker.

RE: Blank Attribute Editor in Directory Studio

Posted by Sohail Aboobaker <sa...@outlook.com>.
Ok. After restart of the apache ds server. I am able to view the attributes.

Phew

Regards,
Sohail Aboobaker.

Posted by Sohail Aboobaker <sa...@outlook.com>.
That is precisely what we are trying to do. In the middle of import (after about 1 hour), it gave this error:

Error while importing LDIF
 - [LDAP: error code 2 - PROTOCOL_ERROR: The server will disconnect!]
java.lang.Exception: [LDAP: error code 2 - PROTOCOL_ERROR: The server will disconnect!]
    at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.checkResponse(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1278)
    at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.access$9(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1246)
    at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper$6.run(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:926)
    at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.runAndMonitor(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1173)
    at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.checkConnectionAndRunAndMonitor(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1107)
    at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.createEntry(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:948)
    at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ImportLdifRunnable.importLdifRecord(ImportLdifRunnable.java:465)
    at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ImportLdifRunnable.importLdif(ImportLdifRunnable.java:272)
    at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ImportLdifRunnable.run(ImportLdifRunnable.java:218)
    at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.jobs.StudioConnectionJob.run(StudioConnectionJob.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

[LDAP: error code 2 - PROTOCOL_ERROR: The server will disconnect!]

Any ideas what would cause this error?

Regards,
Sohail Aboobaker.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.