Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Mi...@je.jfcom.mil> on 2006/02/13 16:54:03 UTC

Bounding Boxes....again.

OK, I have all the pieces from previous posts, but I'm lacking the
crucial method calls to put it together.

I have an element.

An element has a CTM which contains all of its transform information.

An element has a bounding box (getBBox()).

How do I apply the CTM to the bounding box to properly bound the
element?

Michael Bishop

Re: Bounding Boxes....again.

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Michael,

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Mi...@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on
02/13/2006 10:54:03 AM:

> OK, I have all the pieces from previous posts, but I?m lacking the
crucial
> method calls to put it together.
>
> I have an element.
> An element has a CTM which contains all of its transform information.
> An element has a bounding box (getBBox()).
>
> How do I apply the CTM to the bounding box to properly bound the
element?

   You can either use the SVGMatrix to map each of the corner points
or you can build a Java awt AffineTransform and call
createTransformedShape
with the bounding Rect.