Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tan WeeSiong <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/18 14:49:29 UTC

tomcat ssl direct help

hi

i am facing a lot of problems with tomcat 3.2.1

the ssl direct has alreadi cause me a lot of problems
i tried to import certs of v3 and try to let it run as
a server cert but it doesn't work
the default tomcat webpage cannot be display
and the tomcat shows these error msg
2001-03-22 03:47:18 - Ctx(  ): 400 R( /) null
        2001-03-22 03:47:18 - Ctx(  ): IOException in:
R( /) Socket closed

but when i try
keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

the v1 cert works and ssl can be working

please reply me as soon as possible because i have
alreadi dwell on this problem for a very long time
and i think i am going mad alreadi.The internet
doesn't really help much...

please give me the solutions in detail and as simple
to understand as possible....

please i really appreciate your help....thanks....

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: tomcat ssl direct help

Posted by John Hebert <jo...@vedalabs.com>.
Tan WeeSiong wrote:

> hi
>
> i am facing a lot of problems with tomcat 3.2.1
>
> the ssl direct has alreadi cause me a lot of problems
> i tried to import certs of v3 and try to let it run as
> a server cert but it doesn't work
> the default tomcat webpage cannot be display
> and the tomcat shows these error msg
> 2001-03-22 03:47:18 - Ctx(  ): 400 R( /) null
>         2001-03-22 03:47:18 - Ctx(  ): IOException in:
> R( /) Socket closed
>

> but when i try
> keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA
>
> the v1 cert works and ssl can be working
>

> please reply me as soon as possible because i have
> alreadi dwell on this problem for a very long time
> and i think i am going mad alreadi.The internet
> doesn't really help much...
>
> please give me the solutions in detail and as simple
> to understand as possible....
>
> please i really appreciate your help....thanks....

Tan,

I do not have a detailed answer but I do suggest that you use the latest
release version of Tomcat. Are you certain that SSL v3 is supported by
Tomcat 3.2.1?

--
John Alex Hebert
john@vedalabs.com