Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Ram Mohan Yaratapally <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/25 12:36:58 UTC

Block Selection in Document Analyzer

Hi,

I am very novice to the UIMA and I have question on Document Analyzer.

Is it possible to highlight a rectangular region of text which have
co-ordinates x0, y0, x1, y1 which might span multiple lines (y0-y1) but
x0-x1 denotes only part of the text whole line text?

You answer is very much appretiated.

Thanks and Regards
Ram Mohan

Re: Block Selection in Document Analyzer

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Ram Mohan Yaratapally wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very novice to the UIMA and I have question on Document Analyzer.
>
> Is it possible to highlight a rectangular region of text which have
> co-ordinates x0, y0, x1, y1 which might span multiple lines (y0-y1) but
> x0-x1 denotes only part of the text whole line text?
>
> You answer is very much appretiated.

The Document Analyzer only support visualization of the
build in annotation type, which is defined by a span (start end, end
character offset).

But you can define a rectangular feature structure type in uima
and write a custom tool which can visualize them for you.

Hope that helps,
Jörn