Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net> on 2006/12/02 21:09:39 UTC

OT Question

Hey all,

Did a botnet fall over or am I just lucky?

spam has dropped dramatically here ~80% down. Not that I'm complaining
- just curious is anyone else is seeing the same.

KR

Nigel

Re: OT Question

Posted by Chris <cp...@earthlink.net>.
On Saturday 02 December 2006 2:09 pm, Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Did a botnet fall over or am I just lucky?
>
> spam has dropped dramatically here ~80% down. Not that I'm complaining
> - just curious is anyone else is seeing the same.
>
> KR
>
> Nigel
Quite a bit lower, IIRC, for the last two weeks of Nov I was seeing about
250+/day on my home box, whereas for yesterday and today:

Total:  127 reports in 7m 30s.  3.54 seconds per report.
Fri Dec  1 21:06:29 CST 2006
Total:  109 reports in 5m 50s.  3.21 seconds per report.
Sat Dec  2 21:24:20 CST 2006

--
Chris

Re: OT Question

Posted by Jon Trulson <jo...@radscan.com>.
On Sat, 2 Dec 2006, Nigel Frankcom wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Did a botnet fall over or am I just lucky?
>
> spam has dropped dramatically here ~80% down. Not that I'm complaining
> - just curious is anyone else is seeing the same.

         Huh... I too have noticed a significant drop since yesterday's
         stock onslaught.  Without hard data available at the moment,
         I'd guess we are seeing a less than a third of what we were
         getting 24hrs ago.

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:jon@radscan.com