Posted to user@ode.apache.org by buddhika chamith <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/15 20:23:36 UTC

Re: bpelrun

Hi,

I went through the project idea for providing ODE runtime support for
BPELUnit. I think BPELUnit covers the ground of the idea that I was
suggested on the bpel-dev list earlier.  I am very enthusiatic about the
prospect of ODE integration since I have some experience with ODE with my
current project of developing a simulator for bpel processes. I am currently
going through BpelUnit and ActiveBpel testing scenarios. I will come back
with questions when I meet any.

Best Regards,
Chamith Buddika

Re: bpelrun

Posted by Daniel Luebke <da...@inf.uni-hannover.de>.
Hi  Chamith,

the mails are getting rather specific now so I don't know whether this
list is appropriate anymore or not. If anyone feels disturbed by this,
I'll take it private. However, if there are other students interested in
the Google Summer of Code, they can read these mails as long as they are
going through the list.

First, your assumptions about the BPELUnit architecture are right. So,
the most important part is fine.
To the scope of the GSoC project: You have mixed both (Apache and
Eclipse) GSoC projects and I don't know whether this will get too large.
The aim for the Apache project
(http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009) is to have ODE support
in BPELUnit, i.e. writing a good "deployer". The deployer has at least
to include following features:
- packaging BPEL processes for ODE
- deploying to filesystem and deployment service
- instrumenting BPEL processes for measuring test coverage (code is in
the ActiveBPEL deployer; refactoring is needed to extract it there and
share it among different deployers)

Additionally, there can be functions for starting an ODE server or
embedding it. I really like the ideas, however, their implementation is
only reasonable if the above features are working.

The Eclipse GSoC project
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009_Ideas#Ideas) is
concerned with integrating BPELUnit into the Eclipse BPEL Designer. The
goal is to have a working combination of Eclipse, ODE, and BPELUnit.
However, the Eclipse integration shall make testing much painless than
today, i.e. better visualization of test coverage, better support for
"Run as...", improving the BPELUnit view, ... There are many open
issues, and students are welcomed to bring in their ideas.

Regards,
    Daniel

Re: bpelrun

Posted by buddhika chamith <ch...@gmail.com>.