Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Sebastien Alonzo <SA...@fr.ibm.com> on 2003/03/18 19:45:57 UTC

Re: MultipartPostMethod for serialized objects ?

Jandalf,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Actually it does not seem so simple to me since what i really need to send
to my servlet (besides some basic parameters) is a serialized java object.
Your name/value pairs seem to be fit for Strings, what about more complex
objects ?

I know of a solution using java.net.URLConnection but it's not really
compatible with parameters since when you read the parameters from the
HttpServletRequest in the servlet, you cannot open an ObjectInputStream
anymore form the request.

If you have any clue please keep me posted.

Cordialement / Best regards
Sébastien Alonzo
IT-Architect
IBM Global Services - BCS Industry - Paris
salonzo@fr.ibm.com
GSM : 06 82 58 20 75 - Tel : 01 49 05 82 33 (Int. 33 82 33)

                      Jandalf
                      <jsdever@apache.o        To:       Sebastien Alonzo/France/IBM@IBMFR
                      rg>                      cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: MultipartPostMethod for serialized objects ?
                      03/18/2003 06:55
                      PM

Hello Sébastien,

You can simply add a few name value pairs to the request line as the query
string. Then retrieve these in your servlet.

See the API documentation for setQueryString in HttpMethod:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/index.html

In the future please post questions directly to the HttpClient mailing
list.
commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org

Jandalf.