Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2013/12/28 18:57:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Lang 3.2 based on RC2

Hi all,

I've fixed the issues, that were identified in RC1:

- Release notes now make explicit that 3.2 at least requires Java 6.0
- Website now makes explicit that 3.2 at least requires Java 6.0
- MANIFEST now contains "britter" as value for the Build-By header
- Version 3.2 is now listed on the release history page
- Main page now contains information on the three Clirr errors

Lang 3.2 RC2 is available for review here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang (rev. 4001)

Maven artifacts are here:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-026/

Details of changes since 3.1 are in the release notes:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

The tag is here:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_2_RC2(rev.
1553875)

Site:
   http://people.apache.org/~britter/commons-lang3/3.2-RC2 (broken links
will be fixed when the site is published)

Clirr Report:

http://people.apache.org/~britter/commons-lang3/3.2-RC2/clirr-report.html

RAT:

http://people.apache.org/~britter/commons-lang3/3.2-RC2/rat-report.html

Please review the release candidate and vote.
This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after December
31 2013 at 19:00 CET

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks!

Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 3.2 based on RC2

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
My own +1 FTR.

Benedikt

P.S.: Since I'll be celebrating new year's eve tonight, I'll count votes
tomorrow :-)

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oliver,

2013/12/30 Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>

> Maven build works fine on Windows 7 with Java 1.6 and 1.7. Artifacts and
> site look good.
>
> The only problem I found was that I could not successfully run the ant
> build. ant test failed with compilation errors due to missing
> dependencies to hamcrest - I guess the jar has to be added explicitly to
> the class path. But I don't think that this is blocking.

Thanks for pointing this out. To be honest, I haven't tested the Ant build
(shame on me :-). I've created LANG-937 [1] so that we can take care of
this after 3.2 has been released.

Benedikt

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-937

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I've fixed some nits in SVN but none should be blockers.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jörg,

2013/12/30 Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>

> Hi,
>
> my compiler zoo builds fine from source, except minor nits with Java 8:
>
> ========================= %< ======================
> Failed tests:
>   FastDateParserTest.testParseZone:119 expected:<Thu Jul 10 22:33:20 CEST
> 2003> but was:<Thu Jul 10 23:33:20 CEST 2003>
>   FastDateFormat_ParserTest>FastDateParserTest.testParseZone:119
> expected:<Thu Jul 10 22:33:20 CEST 2003> but was:<Thu Jul 10 23:33:20 CEST
> 2003>
>
> Tests in error:
>   LocaleUtilsTest.testParseAllLocales:570 » IllegalArgument Invalid locale
> forma...
> ========================= %< ======================
>
> nevertheless +1
>
> IIRC, DateFormat has an additional field in Java 8 and Locale stricter
> checks. Unit tests can be fixed for next release.

I've created LANG-938 [1] for this.

Thanks for spotting!

Benedikt

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-938

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1

Checked artifact contents and build on OSX jdk 1.7.  Also checked
sigs and hashes.  Key is available in KEYs and sigs are good.

Nice work!

Phil