Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Nick Pavlica <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/07 21:15:39 UTC

CouchDB Concept Art 8 and 9

All,
  I have been brainstorming some more, and have a couple more concept
sheets to share.  Please review these and let me know what you think.

0.8
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oatekae7nh4ohmr/couchdb_conceptart_08.pdf?dl=0

0.9
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o99g2oaenrjeh36/couchdb_concept_art_09.pdf?dl=0

Regards,
--  Nick Pavlica

Re: CouchDB Concept Art 8 and 9

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
I just would like to ask everyone here in the discussion to stay calm. Yes
it is a major thing to change the logo. But remember that nothing is
decided yet. If you want to follow the former discussion please subscribe
to the list where that discussion took place.

And most importantly, please be thankful that people are working on a new
logo. Even though you maybe dont like the proposals.

Thank you and cheers

Andy

Posted by Nick Pavlica <li...@gmail.com>.
Evi,

Posted by Skitsanos <in...@skitsanos.com>.
Johs,

As i recall, someone decided to get rif od that resting guy, and what i see now, they want to get read of the couch as well, so far noone came with any acceptable arguments why in the world to do that, i could understand maybe restyling the logo, like Apple does time to time, but changing it entirely i see as a wrong move.

And Nick’s arguments about car and bike company requirments were rather childish…

--

Personally I get worried if proposals like this should lead to a redesign https://www.dropbox.com/s/oatekae7nh4ohmr/couchdb_conceptart_08.pdf?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/oatekae7nh4ohmr/couchdb_conceptart_08.pdf?dl=0>

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nick Pavlica <li...@gmail.com>.
All,