Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2001/11/14 00:10:30 UTC

Ignacio Ortega -- propose committer

I'd like to propose that Ignacio Ortega be granted committer rights.
He is already a committer at Apache on the Tomcat project, and is dedicated
to working on the following:

- overall localization.
- specialize in Spanish localization
- documentation
- bug fixing .

He can devote several hours per week right now, but hopes to find more time
in January.

+1

David

Re: Ignacio Ortega -- propose committer

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

> I'm seeing jetspeed locked from time to time. It happens at
> startup, and
> the end of the log is like:
>

> It looks like there are some issues with service initialization. It
> started to happen like in september. It always ends with this exact
> line.
>
> After this, jetspeed refuses to take requests until the webapp is
> reinitialized.
>
> Anybody seen this one? (jdk 1.3.1 under linux)
>
> I'm working on this one, but any help would be welcome.

Are you sure its not a jdk issue - there were some problems with
1.3.1 on Linux - have you tried 1.3.0...

I don't suppose you upgraded to 1.3.1 in September...  ;-)

Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London? - Then go to http://freeflats.com

Re: Ignacio Ortega -- propose committer

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
En mié, 2001-11-14 a 13:53, Paul Spencer escribió:
> +1
>
> Paul Spencer
>
> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>
>  > I'd like to propose that Ignacio Ortega be granted committer rights.
>  > He is already a committer at Apache on the Tomcat project, and is
> dedicated
>  > to working on the following:
>  >
>  > - overall localization.
>  > - specialize in Spanish localization
>  > - documentation
>  > - bug fixing .
>  >
>  > He can devote several hours per week right now, but hopes to find
> more time
>  > in January.
>  >
>  > +1
>  >

+1

At least, I will be able to meet with a Jetspeed committer now and then,
without paying expensive trip fares ;)

(Raphael is close, but we never managed to meet either in Paris or in
Madrid, we had to go to San Francisco ;)

Hi, Ignacio. I'll give you a tough one to start debugging:

I'm seeing jetspeed locked from time to time. It happens at startup, and
the end of the log is like:

[Thu Nov 15 16:17:22 CET 2001] -- INFO -- Created a CapabilityMap for
agent:  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)
[Thu Nov 15 16:17:22 CET 2001] -- DEBUG -- template exists:
/usr/share/jakarta/dist/tomcat/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/templates/vm/screens/html/Home.vm returning /html/Home.vm
[Thu Nov 15 16:17:22 CET 2001] -- DEBUG -- JetspeedTemplatePage:
calculated template = /html/Home.vm
[Thu Nov 15 16:17:22 CET 2001] -- INFO -- Created a CapabilityMap for
agent:  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)
[Thu Nov 15 16:17:22 CET 2001] -- DEBUG -- template exists:
/usr/share/jakarta/dist/tomcat/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/templates/vm/layouts/html/default.vm returning /html/default.vm
[Thu Nov 15 16:17:22 CET 2001] -- DEBUG -- JetspeedTemplatePage:
layoutTemplate is finally /html/default.vm
[Thu Nov 15 16:17:22 CET 2001] -- INFO -- cache miss, object expired:
1247908142|provider-name-jetspeed

It looks like there are some issues with service initialization. It
started to happen like in september. It always ends with this exact
line.

After this, jetspeed refuses to take requests until the webapp is
reinitialized.

Anybody seen this one? (jdk 1.3.1 under linux)

I'm working on this one, but any help would be welcome.

P.S.) Sorry for appearing and disappearing, just overloaded.

Re: Ignacio Ortega -- propose committer

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
+1

Paul Spencer