Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk> on 2007/11/08 18:55:19 UTC

[Axis2] ws-addressing & msg id

Hi all,

when is the message id set?, is it guaranteed to be unique inside the
same JVM (receiver side)?

Thanks,
Michele

Re: [Axis2] ws-addressing & msg id

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Thanks.

Michele

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Michele

wrote:

> Paul,
>
> thanks for the reply.
> One more question: when is the messageID created?, before the message is
> sent or when the message is received?
> I need to store some data in a map (on the server side) and I would like
> to use the messageID as key However, if the messageID is generated on
> the client side, it's probably better to create a fresh key (i.e. using
> a counter), isn't it?
>
> Thanks,
> Michele
>
> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 18:20 +0000, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Yes the UUIDs used in messageID should be unique inside the same JVM.
> > We did have a problem with UUIDs not being unique at one point (it
> > came up when we did load tests of Synapse). I know we did a fix in
> > Synapse but I'm pretty certain this filtered into Axis2 as well.
> >
> > I believe they should be Universally Unique (i.e. unique OUTSIDE just
> > a JVM as well) but that's harder to ensure.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On Nov 8, 2007 5:55 PM, Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>
> > wrote:
> >         Hi all,
> >
> >         when is the message id set?, is it guaranteed to be unique
> >         inside the
> >         same JVM (receiver side)?
> >

> >         Thanks,
> >         Michele

> >         For additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org
> >

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > Co-Founder and VP of Technical Sales, WSO2
> > OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [Axis2] ws-addressing & msg id

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Paul,

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Michele Mazzucco wrote:
> Paul,
>
> thanks for the reply.
> One more question: when is the messageID created?, before the message is
> sent or when the message is received?

messageID is sent in the SOAP header, so it is created before the
message is sent.

On server side you can access the messageID of the incomming message
through the message context.

Samisa...

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Paul,

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Yes the UUIDs used in messageID should be unique inside the same JVM. We did
have a problem with UUIDs not being unique at one point (it came up when we
did load tests of Synapse). I know we did a fix in Synapse but I'm pretty
certain this filtered into Axis2 as well.

I believe they should be Universally Unique (i.e. unique OUTSIDE just a JVM
as well) but that's harder to ensure.

Paul

On Nov 8, 2007 5:55 PM, Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> when is the message id set?, is it guaranteed to be unique inside the
> same JVM (receiver side)?
>

> Thanks,
> Michele

Paul Fremantle