Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jacques Bourdeau <J_...@videotron.ca> on 2003/12/20 18:49:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.48 does not reverse proxy BMOVE

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Apache as a reversy proxy and SSL accelerator
for Outlook Web Access 2000.

The Internet Explorer interface uses WebDAV for many functions, like
deleting a message.

Right now, Apache successfully handle methods like PROPFIND and SEARCH,
but not BMOVE.

Apache do not try to forward the request to the back end server : as
soon as the BMOVE is received, Apache answers back with a 502 Bad
Gateway error message built with the IIS headers. The error log contains
nothing about this error.

Any idea why Apache do not forward the request to the back end server ?

Here is details about my situation :
---------------------------------------
Root_SERVER /root >httpd -v
Server version: Apache/2.0.48
Server built:   Dec 15 2003 14:43:47

---------------------------------------
Root_SERVER /root >httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
 core.c
 mod_access.c
 mod_auth.c
 mod_ext_filter.c
 mod_include.c
 mod_log_config.c
 mod_env.c
 mod_headers.c
 mod_setenvif.c
 mod_proxy.c
 proxy_connect.c
 proxy_ftp.c
 proxy_http.c
 mod_ssl.c
 prefork.c
 http_core.c
 mod_mime.c
 mod_dav.c
 mod_status.c
 mod_autoindex.c
 mod_asis.c
 mod_info.c
 mod_cgi.c
 mod_dav_fs.c
 mod_vhost_alias.c
 mod_negotiation.c
 mod_dir.c
 mod_imap.c
 mod_actions.c
 mod_userdir.c
 mod_alias.c
 mod_rewrite.c
 mod_so.c

----------------------------------
Part of SSL.CONF (loaded from httpd.conf)

ExtFilterDefine fixowa mode=output cmd="/bin/sed
s/http:\\/\\/inside/https:\\/\\/outside/g"
RewriteEngine On

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>

#  General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "/path/to/a/non_existent/root"
ServerName outside.domain.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.com
ErrorLog /path/to/the/error_log
CustomLog /path/to/the/access_log combined

Header unset "WWW-Authenticate: NTLM"
Header add WWW-Authenticate "Basic realm=inside.domain.com"

<Location />
SetOutputFilter fixowa
DAV On
</Location>

ProxyPass /exchange http://inside.domain.com/exchange
ProxyPassReverse /exchange http://inside.domain.com/exchange

ProxyPass /exchweb http://inside.domain.com/exchweb
ProxyPassReverse /exchweb http://inside.domain.com/exchweb

ProxyPass /public http://inside.domain.com/public
ProxyPassReverse /public http://inside.domain.com/public

ProxyPass /iisadmpwd https://inside.domain.com/iisadmpwd
ProxyPassReverse /iisadmpwd https://inside.domain.com/iisadmpwd

#   SSL Engine Switch:
SSLEngine on
SSLProxyEngine on

-----------------------------
Log from access_log
172.16.100.3 outside.domain.com - - [19/Dec/2003:19:35:17 -0500] "BMOVE
/exchange/JBourdeau/Inbox/ HTTP/1.1" 502 143
"https://outside.domain.com/exchange/JBourdeau/Inbox/?Cmd=contents"
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)"

-----------------------------
Log from error_log

Nothing in the error log....
I founded this, but it do not appears every time...
[Fri Dec 19 18:52:58 2003] [error] [client 1.2.3.4] Invalid method in
request bmove /exchn
The IP address is the one of the Apache server itself (outside.domain.com)

If any other information about my system would help you to debug this, I
will give you them.

Thanks for your help,

Jacques Bourdeau