Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/21 15:11:45 UTC

multiple openejb configurations in eclipse

This is a feature request. One of the things which I would like to see with
the eclipse plugin would be the ability to create multiple server
configurations so that we can run multiple instances of OpenEJB from
eclipse. So for example, the default port is 4201, if we create another
configuration, it will automatically detect the port numbers of already
created configurations and increment the number by one.  We should also be
allowed to edit it by hand through a wizard, but the wizard should be able
to pre-fill the correct number so that there are no port conflicts.

Another one was drag and drop injections. We could have a view ("OpenEJB"
view) which lists all the Resources, EJB's etc (just like the outline view).
We could also use this view to create/delete/open the resource/ejb. However,
one thing which could be done is this:-

Lets say I open EJB X in the java editor. I should be able to drag a
resource/ejb/jpa stuff etc from the OpenEJB view and drop it before the
class declaration/field/method in the source code of X. The eclipse plugin
will automatically add the appropriate annotation in the source code (or it
might pop up another wizard to ask the user to provide more details about
the annotation). This way a lot of work could be simply done through drag
and drop and would also minimize mistakes.

I have also used the JPA stuff with eclipse (Dali ?), which is an awesome
project on its own. Some sort of integration with that would be cool too .

--
Karan Singh Malhi