Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Baodi Shi <wu...@icloud.com.INVALID> on 2022/10/14 08:43:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Pulsar Client Node.js 3.0.0

Hi, We're releasing C++ and python 3.0.0 client, Node.js Client is also built on C++, and I'd like to discuss whether to start working on Node.js Client 3.0.0 as well.

In Node.js 3.0.0 Client, I mainly want to make the following changes:

1. Users no longer need to install the C++ client when using the Node Js client. This PR has already done some work: https://github.com/apache/pulsar-client-node/pull/235
2. Let the node client build based on C++ 3.0.0.

Maybe it can be iterated according to the current version number, but I think the three clients of Python, Node, and C++ are closely related. Therefore, it will be more unified for the Node.js client to start with 3.0.0.

Thanks
Baodi Shi

回复:Re: [DISCUSS] Release Pulsar Client Node.js 3.0.0

Posted by Baodi Shi <ba...@icloud.com.INVALID>.
Hi, Matteo,Thanks for your explanation. I agree to continue using the current version.Baodi Shi

Thanks2022年10月15日上午2:01,Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com> 写道:Hi Baodi,I'd suggest first getting the changes for pre-compiled binaries to bemerged, tested, and expanded to support more combinations ofos/cpu/nodejs. eg: mac-arm64, linux-alpine, etc..Regarding the version number, 3.0 was adopted for C++ and Pythonbecause we had to detach from the main Pulsar release and we neededthis number to be > 2.11 to avoid going back in time.pulsar-client-node already has its own release versioning and I don'tthink we necessarily need to match the C++ client version, especiallysince we're working on getting the user to not need to know which c++client is actually underneath.--Matteo Merli<ma...@gmail.com>On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 1:47 AM Baodi Shi<wu...@icloud.com.invalid> wrote:Hi, We're releasing C++ and python 3.0.0 client, Node.js Client is also built on C++, and I'd like to discuss whether to start working on Node.js Client 3.0.0 as well.In Node.js 3.0.0 Client, I mainly want to make the following changes:1. Users no longer need to install the C++ client when using the Node Js client. This PR has already done some work: https://github.com/apache/pulsar-client-node/pull/2352. Let the node client build based on C++ 3.0.0.Maybe it can be iterated according to the current version number, but I think the three clients of Python, Node, and C++ are closely related. Therefore, it will be more unified for the Node.js client to start with 3.0.0.ThanksBaodi Shi

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Pulsar Client Node.js 3.0.0

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Baodi,