Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Przemek <pr...@subrecord.org> on 2008/10/06 21:26:52 UTC

HBase related project

Hi all,

Maybe it might be interesting for you, well to be honest I hope so :)
We are using HBase as the core technology in our project.
Any feedback is more than welcome, thanks!

--
SubRecord - Enterprise Aspects Stack
http://subrecord.org

Re: HBase related project

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Przemek wrote:
> stack pisze:
>
>> Sorry.  Did you post a link?  (I thought you'd post it here,
>> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/SupportingProjects, but don't see it).
>> St.Ack
>>

> I added it there: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PoweredBy
> I don't think it is HBase's extension, isn't it? Of course if you want
> you can move it there.

That works.  Thanks.
St.Ack

Re: HBase related project

Posted by Przemek <pr...@subrecord.org>.

Re: HBase related project

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: HBase related project

Posted by Przemek <pr...@subrecord.org>.
> You do.  You just need to make yourself a login.

done

>>> Whats the hbase schema (Pardon me, I didn't look at src code).
>>>

>> hm... what schema are you asking about?
>>

> Well, in the API example, I see you doing puts into a 'map'.  Is there
> constraint on they names clients can use for keys or can they make a
> key of any name?  How do the keys look in hbase?

no constraints for now. There are some internal/reserved keys for
indexing purposes. basically from HBase perspective a key is just a
table name, ":" and the actual property/key taken from the map.
there is no table schema by definition

Re: HBase related project

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: HBase related project

Posted by Przemek <pr...@subrecord.org>.
stack wrote:
> Looks excellent!

thanks

> Would suggest you add it under the 'related projects' on the hbase main
> wiki page.

not sure if I have write access there. of course a good idea, i'd love to

> What can we do to help out the subrecord effort?

anything :) we've just started, it's just a draft, a sketch we've been
filling.
I believe it is only a matter of time to implement that, but
we're not there yet. I'm not a fan of starting a project from
marketing/docs, but the main complaint of the new devs asking me to join
was "where is that damn specification/docs" :)

> Whats the hbase schema (Pardon me, I didn't look at src code).

hm... what schema are you asking about?

> You have hbase in a maven repo somewhere? (or is it bundled with
> subrecord or do you have to install that first)?

we've got jars build from HBase trunk code in our project maven repo.
the same for Lucene. HBase is not bundled w/ Subrecord as we have
nothing official to distribute yet. oh, there is something you can run,
but not in any "release" sense

> Minor:
>
> Run the spellchecker -- e.g: '...no loger that trivial...', 'attributte'.

it must hurt English spoken folks eyes, I know :) like you see I'm to
busy to even run spellchecker ;)

thanks,

Re: HBase related project

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.