Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Teator, Michael" <mt...@tjctechnology.com> on 2003/08/27 22:15:27 UTC

FOP dropping Type1 fonts from time to time

We're running FOP 0.20.5 in a coocoon/tomcat type environment.  It's
producing thousands of PDFs per day, and they all embed type1 fonts.  Every
once in a while, maybe 1 in a thousand will not have the fonts embedded.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: FOP dropping Type1 fonts from time to time

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Teator, Michael wrote:
> We're running FOP 0.20.5 in a coocoon/tomcat type environment.  It's
> producing thousands of PDFs per day, and they all embed type1 fonts.  Every
> once in a while, maybe 1 in a thousand will not have the fonts embedded.
>
> Any ideas?

Are the PDF without the embedded fonts ok otherwise? If they
are truncated, the client might hung up early, for whatever
reason (load slowing down the server or something).

Also look into the logs whether an I/O error occured.

Other than that I can't think of a reason, the font stuff
should be MT safe, but you can double check if you have time.

J.Pietschmann