Posted to user@drill.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2016/01/13 23:04:47 UTC

Community Drill UDFs

Are there any good repositories of Drill Community UDFs out there? I don't
want to recreate the wheel on some things I'd like to play with,
specifically with text processing.?

Re: Community Drill UDFs

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.
Thanks Ted and Stefán these are pointing me in the right direction. My
question was twofold.  One, I have some large blobs of text in an
Hbase/mapr db store, and wanted to start processing it.  Coming from hive,
there were some nice functions and non sql compliant tricks like field
rlike 'pattern' and other tricks.  I was thinking about the
 Ngram functions in hive, and thought what if folks have already written
some for Drill? I will likely do some further research on how yo play with
these blobs of text....which leads me to my next point :

I was thinking that a user friendly way to share udfs, to comment on
them, document them, to show how they can be used would be good in
general.  I know I am not alone in finding I often learn new concepts
through use examples with familiar tools.  A place where I can browse udfs
and see things like the map or mask functions in Ted's link would be great
"exploratory" learning in that those, like me charged with solving problems
in an org, can add them to our ever growing tool box of tools to solve data
problems.

So to answer in jest to Ted (who knows me well enough to know it is 100% in
good nature) "what do I need?"  Answer: I don't know yet, what is out
there? :)

John

--
Sent from my iThing