Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Dalia Sobhy <da...@hotmail.com> on 2012/11/18 01:02:45 UTC

Hive and Hbase performance

I want to ask if  a Hive Count or Scan Query will provide better performance when adding more nodes ??

if an Hbase Count or Scan Query will provide better performance when adding more nodes ??

Re: Hive and Hbase performance

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Dalia,

by adding a node I hope on hive side you want to increase the hadoop
cluster size.
in general performance is directly related to how much data you have vs how
much computation power you have. More the data better to have larger
computational power.

I am not guru of hbase but following link in details explains about hbase
performance benchmarks with multiple options in view
http://hbase.apache.org/book/casestudies.perftroub.html

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hive and Hbase performance