Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kovalsmd <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/29 13:03:00 UTC

            <classifier>blabla</classifier>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>${groupId}</groupId>
                    <artifactId>project3</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>

and the problem is that <exclusion> doesn't work. If I delete <classifier>
everything is ok.

Re: classifier + exclusion

Posted by Clifton <cl...@gmail.com>.
Classifier changes the dependency type from a typical jar dependency to
something other like src or javadoc. The question is what are you trying to
accomplish overall? Maybe exclusion isn't the answer. It seems like you're
using a multi-module project. Maybe you can try using profiles to
conditionally include submodules from the build? Something roughly like
(from the top of my head):

<profiles>
   <profile>
      <id>default</id>
      <activation><activebydefault>true</activebydefault></activation>
      <modules>
         <module>proj1</module>
         <module>proj2</module>
      </modules>