Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by th...@osp-dd.de on 2002/01/23 11:33:40 UTC

installation on HPUX with gcc

I installed xerces-c1.6.0 from sources successful on linux with gcc3.0.1.

Now I want to do the same on a HPUX where gcc3.0.1 is installed too.

Are there any principle problems to do a successful compilation with
gcc3.0.1 on HP?

Has anybody experience with this kind of installation?

Re: installation on HPUX with gcc

Posted by Jorge Pozo Ramirez <j....@externo.mju.es>.
    Thank you, Martin.

    Nevertheless, for HPUX 11 the binaries distributed on Xerces homepage
are working fine for me, so there is no need of recompiling it, (except that
u need it compiled with GNU GCC, not with HP aCC compiler). The problem
comes with HPUX 10.20, as no port may be found anywhere, neither with GNU
GCC nor with HP aCC. I'm now waiting for the aCC compiler version for HPUX
10.20, and then I'll try to compile it.

    Regards.

Jorge

Posted by Martin Kalen <ma...@todaysystems.com.au>.

Posted by Jorge Pozo Ramirez <j....@externo.mju.es>.
    Greetings.

    I succesfully built Xerces C on SCO using GCC, but i was unable to do it
on HPUX. Several compilator errors seems to happen.

    If u manage to do it, please post here how do u got it. Now I'm dealing
with hp aCC compiler, both on HPUX 11 and HPUX 10.20.

    Regards

Jorge