Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2008/10/15 21:52:50 UTC

Re: [CONFIGURATION] FileChangedReloadingStrategy inside combined configuration

Pavel Savara schrieb:
> Hi,
> I have properties configuration file with FileChangedReloadingStrategy
> inside combined configuration. It doesn't seem to reload automaticaly
> when file changes. I have to go and call reload() on that configuration
> in code (((PropertiesConfiguration) conf).reload();) after that change
> is propagated fine. But as i said it not happening automatically just by
> reading properties from that file.
>
> Thanks for help
> Pavel

CombinedConfiguration has the setForceReloadCheck() method. If called
with *true* as argument, the configuration will trigger the reloading
strategies of its children on each property access.

This should solve your problem.

Oliver

Posted by Pavel Savara <pa...@intrade.com>.

> CombinedConfiguration has the setForceReloadCheck() method. If called
> with *true* as argument, the configuration will trigger the reloading
> strategies of its children on each property access.

Thanks that was it.
Pavel