Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Roll, Kevin" <Ke...@idexx.com> on 2015/09/29 19:36:32 UTC

Exception when changing configuration

I believe I am having the same problem detailed in FELIX-4909 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4909):

11:59:57.087 ERROR [CM Event Dispatcher (Fire ConfigurationEvent: pid=com.idexx.labstation.repository.imagemanager.IdexxImageManagerServicesImpl)] <org.apache.felix.configadmin> Service [org.apache.felix.cm.ConfigurationAdmin,8] Unexpected problem delivering configuration event to [org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationListener, id=82, bundle=65/slinginstall:C:\Users\kroll\Projects\Sling\sling\startup\10\org.apache.felix.scr-1.8.2.jar] (java.lang.NullPointerException)
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
   at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.config.ConfigurationSupport.configurationEvent(ConfigurationSupport.java:283)
   at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$FireConfigurationEvent.sendEvent(ConfigurationManager.java:2011)
   at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$FireConfigurationEvent.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1981)
   at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:103)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I can't upgrade my Configuration Admin Service bundle because I am using Sling and that breaks other wiring. What are my options?

RE: Exception when changing configuration

Posted by "Roll, Kevin" <Ke...@idexx.com>.
Well, it does not appear that my ManagedService.updated() method is being called after I change/save a value in the Config UI. I assumed it was due to this exception, although that may not be the case.

I think updating config admin and scr for Sling should be fine. What
exactly is breaking?

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Exception when changing configuration

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.