Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/27 12:13:20 UTC

asynchronous ejbs on tomee

Hi

I am trying some jobs using async on tomee 1.6.0

I've read this article --
http://www.tomitribe.com/blog/2015/06/asynchronous-ejbs-on-tomee/ and it
seems the default size of the pool is 5.

No matter how many processes are running, jconsole only shows 3
"@Asynchronous - <DOMAIN> - <n>" threads running.

Is there any reason for this? Is there any parameter set to 3 somewhere
that is limiting the number of simultaneous async threads in TomEE?

TIA

Leo

Re: asynchronous ejbs on tomee

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
you can customize it in WEB-INF/application.properties:

AsynchronousPool.x = y

x being:

MaximumPoolSize
QueueSize
KeepAliveTime
AllowCoreTimeout
QueueType (SYNCHRONOUS or LINKED)

then it just creates a ThreadPoolExecutor with this config

the reason was to avoid to spwan 100 threads when you need only a few when
it was added to the spec - it was pretty new.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>