Posted to user@ant.apache.org by James Mao <ja...@iona.com> on 2007/08/01 13:29:43 UTC

Target.getTasks returns UnknownElement

Hi,

I'm trying to parse the build.xml myself, and tried to get the tasks
object with the following code

        File buildFile = new File("c:/myproject/build.xml");

        Project project = new Project();
        project.init();
        project.setUserProperty( "ant.file" , buildFile.getAbsolutePath());
        project.addBuildListener(new DefaultLogger());
        ProjectHelper.configureProject(project, buildFile);

        Target target = (Target) project.getTargets().get("echome");
        Task[] tasks = target.getTasks();
        System.out.println(((Echo)tasks[0]));   <<< Failure point

The build.xml is

<project name="myproject">
  <target name="echome">
      <echo message="abc"/>
  </target>
</project>

How can i get an instance of Echo , instead of UnknownElement
<ci...@iona.com>?

I'm running the above code inside a junit test

ant 1.7.0, junit4, jdk1.6

Thanks in advance!
James