Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "Martin, Nick" <Ni...@pssd.com> on 2013/09/30 17:34:30 UTC

TRUNCATE before Import/Export

Hi all - is there a method by which I could perform a TRUNCATE before import/export in Sqoop?

I've seen it suggested a Jira be created for this functionality but not sure if it made it into a release...

Thanks,
Nick

Re: TRUNCATE before Import/Export

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Ni Nick,
I'm afraid that Sqoop currently do not exposes interface for calling TRUNCATE prior exporting data. Please don't hesitate and file a new feature request JIRA if it's not filled already!

Jarcec