Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Jayakumar Veda <ja...@oracle.com> on 2008/07/29 08:18:28 UTC

Subversion Provider

Hi,

    I am using SubversionProvider to get the Wiki documents. Changes
made through JSPWiki page are reflected into repository. Similarly
changes done through svn command ( modify the document and commit the
changes through svn ) are visible in JSPWiki page. But new page added
into repository through svn command (svn add) are not visible in
JSPWiki.  SvnProvider is not automatically updating to get the new page.
Manual update is required to retrieve the new page.

Following are the different cases tried out in our environment:
1.    JSPWiki Page uses following location to refer documents:
/scratch/JSPWiki/documents
              a)  Modify document and Create document JSPWiki page works
fine here. Changes are updated into repository.
2.   User checkout the same repository in different location to modify
and add new files:     /scratch/user-checkin/documents
           a )User modifies document content and commits - Changes are
updated into /scratch/JSPWiki/documents when user access the JSPWiki
page. This test case works fine
           b )User adds new document into
/scratch/user-checkin/documents and commits - New file is not visible in
JSPWiki. File is also not available in /scratch/JSPWiki/documents. It
needs manual svn update in /scratch/JSPWiki/documents to get new file
introduced by the user. This case is not working.

I followed the steps mentioned in
http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/SubversionProvider to setup svnprovider.
jspwiki.properties changes were done as per the document. Also, copied
the required jar files into WEB-INF/lib.

Can someone help me in resolving the issue 2-b

Thanks
Jayakumar