Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net> on 2005/10/14 04:18:42 UTC

Re: BZ and rules

>   You know, I don't know if there'd be a separate bugzilla.  good
>   question... I think the mostly likely thing would be that the rules
>   project stuff would be under the (existing) Rules component in BZ.

I don't know that BZ would get much use or be of much use in day to day
rules testing and making.  But I don't see a problem with it existing.

It certainly is useful for customers to report their perceived bugs with
existing rules, and perhaps useful for someone to now and then submit a rule
suggestion.  This I suspect would mostly be used by people who don't follow
Dev and aren't aware of the existance of the rules subproject.  (No reason
an SA user should know anything about how rules come into existance.)

It might be useful to make sure that we have all of our ducks in a row when
it comes release time, if that concept applies to rules; and it seems to me
that it does, when a new version of SA is released.

It is probably or possibly is also good for documenting the rules scoring
for a release.

        Loren