Posted to users@maven.apache.org by baz themail <ba...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/28 18:47:25 UTC

How to prune contents of the local repo?

Hi,

1. What is the best and recommended way to limit the size of the local
maven repo? Currently, I am having a cron job to remove older
SNAPSHOT.

2. Is there any way to keep certain release builds but not others?
Meaning, is there any type of promotion mechanism in maven to mark
some releases in local repo?

3. Is there any way to stop the same version of pom file/build being
built more than once?

Thanks.

B.

Re: How to prune contents of the local repo?

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
rm -rf ~/.m2/repository

No kidding, host a proxy like Nexus on your network and use that as a
mirrored proxy. This has all kind of clean up tasks, like remove old
snapshots, etc. And, because it is a local mirror, it has all the
artifacts you need. And even in different repositories, like proxied
central, hosted snapshots with cleanup policy, hosted releases with
deploy once policy, hosted thirdparty repository. All cleanly
seperated and easily backupped.

For staging builds you would need Nexus Professional, for all your
other wishes the normal Nexus fits like a glove.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Senior Java Developer~

iPROFS