Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Howard Rifkind <h_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/02 05:12:07 UTC

Mail identified as spam forwarded to a different folder.

We finally got SpamAssassin going with Squirrelmail.

A number of message which spamassassin identified a
spam has showen up in users mail boxes.

Is there a way to get mail identified as spam to go to
a seperate folder for each user?

This is kind of like what Yahoo and other when they
get garbage mail...in the Yahoo case it goes to the
bulk folder.

I would like to do this in my system for each email
account.

Thanks.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: Mail identified as spam forwarded to a different folder.

Posted by Michał Jęczalik <mi...@jeczalik.com>.
On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Howard Rifkind wrote:

> We finally got SpamAssassin going with Squirrelmail.
>
> A number of message which spamassassin identified a
> spam has showen up in users mail boxes.
>
> Is there a way to get mail identified as spam to go to
> a seperate folder for each user?
>
> This is kind of like what Yahoo and other when they
> get garbage mail...in the Yahoo case it goes to the
> bulk folder.
>
> I would like to do this in my system for each email
> account.

Use procmail.

IMHO it has to be written with BIG letters in some FAQ, that SA itself
does not filter, sort or delete any mail.
--
Michał Jęczalik, +48.603.64.62.97
INFONAUTIC, +48.33.487.69.04

Re: Mail identified as spam forwarded to a different folder.

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 08:12 PM 8/1/2007, Howard Rifkind wrote:
>We finally got SpamAssassin going with Squirrelmail.
>
>A number of message which spamassassin identified a
>spam has showen up in users mail boxes.
>
>Is there a way to get mail identified as spam to go to
>a seperate folder for each user?
>
>This is kind of like what Yahoo and other when they
>get garbage mail...in the Yahoo case it goes to the
>bulk folder.
>
>I would like to do this in my system for each email
>account.

Not with SpamAssassin. Perhaps your MTA - with procmail or some such.