Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> on 2012/02/24 19:16:30 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries

Hello,

I would like to call a vote on the following Windows binaries based on
the concurrent Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release artefacts.

We encourage the whole community to download and test these
release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

We are voting on the following two binaries for R14B04 and R15B:

https://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/1.2.0/

These have been built using Microsoft SDK 7.1 from the following
tree-ish in git:

4cd60f3d1683a3445c3248f48ae064fb573db2a1

And include the following 3rd party code:
Erlang R14B04 or R15B
OpenSSL 0.9.8r
wxWidgets 2.8.12
Mozilla JavaScript 1.8.5
cURL 7.23.1
ICU 4.6.1
Inno setup 5.4.3

Please follow the test procedure before voting:

https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Windows_Binary_Releases

A+
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Have installed setup-couchdb-1.2.0_otp_R15B.exe  on Windows 2003 x86 SP2

Seems like everything works as before except tests (Chrome 16):

changes	failure	3317ms
  Assertion failed: expected '0', got '2'
  Assertion failed: expected '0', got '2'

reduce	failure	3658ms
  Assertion failed: expected '6', got '7'
  Assertion failed: expected '7', got '8'
  Assertion failed: expected '8', got '9'
  Assertion failed: expected '8', got '9'
  Assertion failed: expected '7', got '8'
  Assertion failed: expected '6', got '7'
  Assertion failed: expected '1', got '2'
  Assertion failed: expected '2', got '3'

replicator_db	failure	66310ms
  Assertion failed: copy === null
  Assertion failed: copy === null
  Assertion failed: expected 'null', got
'{"_id":"foo666","_rev":"1-8f008c4354eb07d5fbfc399a84bc88a1","value":666}'
  Assertion failed: expected 'null', got
'{"_id":"foo666","_rev":"2-19d0c28ea169872441d6d33c2c5a6cce","value":666}'

stats	failure	8126ms
  Assertion 'We have the same number of open dbs.' failed: expected '2', got '0'
  Assertion 'We have the same number of open files.' failed: expected
'4', got '0'

users_db_security	failure	906ms
  Assertion 'false, "anonymous can read _changes"' failed: anonymous
can read _changes
  Assertion 'user can't read _changes' failed: expected
'"unauthorized"', got 'null'

view_errors	failure	2047ms
  Assertion failed: xhr.status == 500
  Assertion failed: result.error == "reduce_overflow_error"

attachment_ranges had failed, but this is expected behavior for Chrome.

--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries

Posted by "Kevin R. Coombes" <ke...@gmail.com>.
Using R14B04

Windows 7 Enterprise, SP 1, 64-bit
Firefox 10.0.2 (privacy mode, cache cleared)
signature OK
md5 & sha OK
No malware
End-user verification OK
Futon tests failed:
replication

 1. *Assertion failed:* |expected '"tony"', got 'null'|
 2. *Assertion 'Unauthorized to cancel replication' failed:* |expected
    '401', got '200'|
 3. *Assertion failed:* |expected '"unauthorized"', got 'null'|
 4. *Assertion 'Authorized to cancel replication' failed:* |expected
    '200', got '404'|

replicator_db

 1. *Assertion failed:* |copy === null|
 2. *Assertion failed:* |expected 'null', got
    '{"_id":"foo666","_rev":"1-8f008c4354eb07d5fbfc399a84bc88a1","value":666}'|

Similar errors reported by Nick North.  If these are known/acceptable
timing issues, then still
+1

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 24 February 2012 21:16, Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 19:16, Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>> We are voting on the following two binaries for R14B04 and R15B:
>>
>> https://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/1.2.0/
>
> On Windows 7, 64-bit, I downloaded the R15B version of the installer
> and installed it. Located couchdb.bat in the bin folder, ran it,
> pointed the brower at localhost:5984 and ran the test suite.
> Everything seemed to work alright except that from users_db_security
> on, all tests started failing with "error": "unauthorized", "reason":
> "You are not a server admin". This subsequently even happened on
> rerunning tests that had previously passed.
>
> (I'm admittedly a stranger to CouchDB on Windows, although I've run it
> on Linux boxen for years.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dirkjan

Thanks Dirkjan,

It looks like something got stuck during the security tests. Can you
try this over LAN rather than localhost, after tidying up?

- clean out %COUCH%\var\lib\couchdb\*  (cleans up the _users.couch in
particular)
- revert local.ini as needed, IIRC shouldn't be more than removing the
new entries in [admins]

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
Win8 with R15B much like Win7:

+1
Windows8 Developer Preview x64 (on VMWare)
Firefox 10.0.2
signature OK
md5 & sha OK
No malware
End-user verification OK
Futon tests failed
All passed except replicator_db, which fails in various ways both locally
and over the network, often with: Assertion failed: expected 'null', got
'{"_id":"foo666","_rev":"1-8f008c4354eb07d5fbfc399a84bc88a1","value":666}'. But
I believe this is a known timing issue so am still +1

Nick

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
If there are any proposed patches to replicator_db timing I'd be happy to
try them out, as I haven't yet managed to get this test to work at all in
Win7 or Win8 with the latest build. The failures are not always identical:
the number of "copy === null" failures varies, and I've occasionally had
two "foo666" failures rather than one. But the overall result is always the
same, so I may happen to have a good testbed.

Nick

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by Jeroen Janssen <je...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Jeroen Janssen
> <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If someone can confirm that all the crash_reports are expected, then I
>> can +1 this.
>
> So-called "crashes" are similar to Unix "kill"s. They only sometimes
> match their namesake.
>
> A "crash" could be a software failure, but usually it is simply a
> component of CouchDB restarting. During the test suite, many such
> "crashes" are normal.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.

Posted by Jeroen Janssen <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Here are my results so far.

[...]

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to call a vote on the following Windows binaries based on
> the concurrent Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release artefacts.
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these
> release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!
>
> We are voting on the following two binaries for R14B04 and R15B:
>
> https://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/1.2.0/
>
> These have been built using Microsoft SDK 7.1 from the following
> tree-ish in git:
>
> 4cd60f3d1683a3445c3248f48ae064fb573db2a1
>
> And include the following 3rd party code:
> Erlang R14B04 or R15B
> OpenSSL 0.9.8r
> wxWidgets 2.8.12
> Mozilla JavaScript 1.8.5
> cURL 7.23.1
> ICU 4.6.1
> Inno setup 5.4.3

+1
Windows 7 x64
Firefox 10.XXX
signature OK
md5 & sha OK
No malware
End-user verification OK
Futon tests pass

I tested both R15B and R14B04.

--
Iris Couch

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Over to Dave.

Posted by Andrew Hamilton <ah...@facilityone.com>.
Yes, I was following the instructions on the wiki: https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Windows_Binary_Releases

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 4 March 2012 00:49, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> I disagree. The old binary builds should be deleted by everyone. There is
> absolutely no reason to keep them around. The source release test procedure
> starts with a command to wipe your existing download and build directory.
>
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> On 3 March 2012 02:05, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> > Dave,
>> >
>> > Please leave the binaries in place, or remove them. I, myself, leave them
>> > in place. I then replace them with for the next round. Please do not use
>> > "rcX" anywhere in the release artefact name. It sends the wrong message.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> Fixed by removing them from p.a.o. They are still available in
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeifcxpbtpo78ak/Snapshots/20120223/ for the
>> desperate.
>>
>> Having two binary releases with the same name is even more confusing
>> for people who have downloaded rejected builds. A better approach is
>> needed.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Dave

Wiki updated to reflect nslater's point.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Dave,

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
Hey folks,

Posted by Andrew Hamilton <ah...@facilityone.com>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
Using R15B:
+1
Windows7 x64
Firefox 10.0.2
signature OK
md5 & sha OK
No malware
End-user verification OK
Futon tests failed
All passed except replicator_db, which fails in various ways both locally
and over the network, often with: Assertion failed: expected 'null', got
'{"_id":"foo666","_rev":"1-8f008c4354eb07d5fbfc399a84bc88a1","value":666}'.
But I believe this is a known timing issue so am still +1.

I'll try to test on other Windows varieties tomorrow.