Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Feldman <ma...@interfacethis.com> on 2004/09/20 15:30:39 UTC

[users@httpd] opaque redirects for sub-site

My ISP charges me an extra per-month fee to host additional domains on
subdirectories. (i.e. if my site is domain.com, pointing
anotherdomain.com at a subdirectory of the domain.com web root costs.)
I suspect there's a way around this via .htaccess files, and certainly
I've been able to use mod_rewrite to redirect anotherdomain.com to
domain.com/another. However, I'd like to take it a step further so the
user sees anotherdomain.com in the address bar and doesn't know he's in
a subdirectory of domain.com. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
Dave

Re: [users@httpd] opaque redirects for sub-site

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
Can you poost your config for that part. We might be able to point out
quicker, than keep guessing.
Aman Raheja

Posted by David Feldman <ma...@interfacethis.com>.

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.