Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Brian O'Neill <bo...@alumni.brown.edu> on 2012/05/29 06:22:22 UTC

Re: Document storage

Just following up on this age-old thread because we've recently done some
development....

Ben, we recently had the exact need you outline.  We are storing JSON
documents in Cassandra. We needed to index based on a field in the JSON.
 We ended up extending our cassandra-indexing code to accomodate this.
https://github.com/hmsonline/cassandra-indexing

You can now configure the indexing to accomodate a field within the JSON
document.

We're going to update the wiki to make this more usable, but it triggered
the same kind of debate/thought process on this thread.  In the coming
weeks/months, we'll probably consider a switch to protobuf with an update
to our indexing code to understand the internal structure of documents
stored in Cassandra.

just an update for now,
brian

--