Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Jeffery B. Rancier" <je...@softechnics.com> on 2003/05/27 22:50:55 UTC

Re: ant/emacs... win98 out of environment space

that has been posted to gmane.emacs.jdee as well.

"Stevens, Brigham" <Br...@wamu.net> writes:

Hi Brigham,

I'm not laughing.  I have a laptop I need to go on the road with and
guess what the only operating system I can run is?  You guessed it.  98.
Did you ever come up with a solution for this?  I'm running GNU Emacs
21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of 2003-03-27 on buffy and Ant 1.5.3-1.
I've tried using bash, 4DOS, and command.com.  When I do an
jde-ant-build everything looks OK, but I just sits there infinitely in
the compilation buffer.  No idea where it is.  I welcome all
suggestions, less of reinstalling with something other than 98.

Thanks,
Jeff

> Don't laugh.. At home I still have windows 98, and I was trying to use
> Ant inside emacs and it just would not go... Very sad...
>
> I can't meta-x compile: ant!!!!! :-(
>
> I changed the properties of command.com to have 4096 environment space
> and did the same on my autoexec.bat...  Nothing helps... I am forced to
> run ant in a dos window :-( It is something evil in win 98 and spawning
> a sub-shell... I can do things like execute make, but I am not gonna use
> make any longer... I am forced to use Borland JBuilder to syntax check
> my code... (this actually works pretty OK).
>
> Does anyone know if or what I can do about it? I can't really upgrade to
> XP at home yet...
>
> Thanks in advance....
>
> --brigham

Jeff
,----

`----

Re: ant/emacs... win98 out of environment space

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
in autoexec.bat
SET FILLER=123... up to 80

later on after autoexec finishes
SET FILLER=
Just bought 80 bytes for environment

What can I say 98 sucks more than a Vacuum Cleaner
hth,
Martin