Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ranabroto Ghosh <ra...@globalcharge.com> on 2018/08/17 12:41:09 UTC

can Eureka be used as service registry/discovery tool with Apache camel?

I want two simple camel micro-service application and they communicating
using Eureka service discovery, is this possible? I found couple of
examples camel using Consul but nowhere with Eureka. I would very thankful
if anybody can help with a sample code example.

--
Kind Regards
Rana

Re: can Eureka be used as service registry/discovery tool with Apache camel?

Posted by Ranabroto Ghosh <ra...@globalcharge.com>.
Thank you @Iburgazzoli, I tried as you said and its working.

Caller Microservice pom.xml, i just pasted related part

    <dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.cloud</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-cloud-starter-netflix-eureka-client</artifactId>
</dependency>

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
      <artifactId>camel-spring-cloud-starter</artifactId>
      <version>${camel.version}</version>
    </dependency>

     <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
    <artifactId>camel-http4</artifactId>
    <version>${camel.version}</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

Caller Camel route:
      <route id="first-route-microservice" autoStartup="true">
<from uri="direct:test"/>
<log message="ROUTE 'direct:test' CALLED"/>
<to uri="bean:testRoute?method=test"/>
<serviceCall name="camel-microservices-2/api/hey/123"/>
<log message="Done ${body}"/>
</route>

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ranabroto Ghosh <ra...@globalcharge.com>.