Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kris Da San Martino <kd...@stockton.k12.ca.us> on 2006/10/13 16:52:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Help in startup.

Good morning:

   I'm getting an error when I try starting Apache 2.0.58 on my Windows
XP box.

The program loaded fine but when I try starting it from in services the
following message is displayed.

"Windows could not start the Apache2 on Local Computer, for more
information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft
service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error
code 1."

After seeing this error message I checked the Event Viewer and did find
an error in the Systems event viewer.  It shows an EventID of 7024 and a
description of "The Apache2 service terminated with service-specific
error 1(0x1)."

I did take a look in the Apache log but did not see anything that might
help in resolving my problem.

I've look through the Microsoft web site be the answer I got there
didn't seem to apply.

Can anyone direct me in resolving this problem.

Thanks

Kris

Re: [users@httpd] Help in startup.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 10/13/06, Kris Da San Martino <kd...@stockton.k12.ca.us> wrote:

>    I'm getting an error when I try starting Apache 2.0.58 on my Windows XP
> box.
>
> The program loaded fine but when I try starting it from in services the
> following message is displayed.
>
> "Windows could not start the Apache2 on Local Computer, for more
> information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft
> service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error
> code 1."
>
> After seeing this error message I checked the Event Viewer and did find an
> error in the Systems event viewer.  It shows an EventID of 7024 and a
> description of "The Apache2 service terminated with service-specific error
> 1(0x1)."
>
> I did take a look in the Apache log but did not see anything that might help
> in resolving my problem.

Try running the httpd binary directly from the command prompt and see
what turns up on the prompt and in the error log.

Joshua.