Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bryan Field-Elliot <br...@netmeme.org> on 2002/12/12 23:07:10 UTC

Axis ClassCastException in XMLUtils.sourceToInputSource

Hi,

I'm using Axis 1.0 with a variety of other tools, working with the Sun IPL (Interoperability Prototype for Liberty). I'm getting a ClassCastException in Axis, which is why I'm posting here wondering if it rings a bell for anybody. The top of the stack backtrace is:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl
        at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.sourceToInputSource(XMLUtils.java:583)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.setContent(SOAPPart.java:671)
        at com.sun.liberty.SoapUtils.addToBody(SoapUtils.java:133)
        at com.sun.liberty.saml.SAMLPSoapRequest.addToBody(SAMLPSoapRequest.java:60)
        at com.sun.liberty.SoapUtils.send(SoapUtils.java:149)
        at com.sun.liberty.ArtifactUtils.dereferenceArtifact(ArtifactUtils.java:96)
        at com.sun.liberty.servlets.AssertionServlet.doGet(AssertionServlet.java:388)
[[ the rest omitted, it's inside Catalina ]]

Doing my best to provide all libraries and version numbers, they are:

- JDK 1.3.0_02 on RedHat 8 (Intel)
- Tomcat 4.0.2, with many of the commons/lib libraries replaced with newer versions as described below.
- axis.jar, log4j-1.2.4.jar, saaj.jar, commons-discovery.jar, commons-logging.jar, jaxrpc.jar from Axis 1.0
- jaxm-api.jar, jaxp-api.jar from Sun Java XML pack, Summer 02-01
- xalan.jar, xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar from Xalan-j 2.4.1
- xmlsec.jar from Apache XML Security
- Sun IPL from CVS

Clearly I have some kind of version mismatch but I am having a terrible time trying to figure out where. Help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Bryan