Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Je...@nlgroup.ca on 2002/10/08 15:23:00 UTC

RE: [OT] Container Wars - Resin and sessions

We are using tomcat 4.04 and have tried 4.1.12 with out problems.
When I drop my working Struts app into Resin 2.1.5 it seems that it does
not keep the session.
(I can login, place a user bean in session then the next action looks for
that bean and when null, kicks us of the app)
I have not looked any deeper but I guess I expected it to deploy the same
way it does in Tomcat.

"Cliff Rowley" <cl...@onsea.net> on 10/08/2002 07:02:34 AM

       <st...@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:

Subject:    RE: [OT] Container Wars

Resin does it for me!

---

Posted by Will Jaynes <ja...@umich.edu>.
I have tomcat and resin using the same webapps directory, and I can run
my apps using either container. There's no problem with sessions that I
experience.

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Doesnt it handle cookies properly too? Thought that was required by servlet
spec?
(I havent used resin, so curious as to how it stacks up agaisnt the
competition)

<session-config enable-url-rewriting='true'/>

this enables Resin to track the session in the URL

Posted by Andy Kriger <ak...@greaterthanone.com>.
have you tried...