Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/23 23:13:10 UTC

OM to JDK17 ?

Hi,

does this change:
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/commit/abeef2dfa6b80aabd26c19460745e60837102356

Mean that we can update the compile time requirement from JDK11 to JDK17 ?

Thanks!
Seb

Sebastian Wagner
Director Arrakeen Solutions, OM-Hosting.com
http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
https://om-hosting.com - Cloud & Server Hosting for HTML5
Video-Conferencing OpenMeetings
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url>

Re: OM to JDK17 ?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
This is server-side change :)
It will not affect browsers :)

from mobile (sorry for typos ;)

Re: OM to JDK17 ?

Posted by Ali Alhaidary <al...@the5stars.org>.

Re: OM to JDK17 ?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Seb,

yes this was my plan :)
So 7.0 will have at least one major change :)))
And I'll try to check the stability of audio/video one more time :)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 at 14:16, Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, Thank you!
>

> ----------
>

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:02:14 +1200
> "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > No quite. Maxim suggests:
> >
> > v6.3.0 would be released to be compatible with compiling with JDK17 but the
> > source code level would still be Java11. So that the compiler generates
> > Java11 compatible bytecode. So you can run v6.3.0 with JDK11/JRE11 (however
> > later JRE versions will improve performance)
> >
> > v.7.0.0 would be compiled with JDK17 *and* the source code level would be
> > updated to Java17 and the generated bytecode would be Java17. Which would
> > require a JRE17 to run the code later.
> >
> > Thats how I understood the proposal at least.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Seb
> >
> > Sebastian Wagner
> > Director Arrakeen Solutions, OM-Hosting.com
> > http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
> > https://om-hosting.com - Cloud & Server Hosting for HTML5
> > Video-Conferencing OpenMeetings
> > <https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>
> > <https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url>
> >

> > On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 at 18:33, Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Thanks, then the next OM release will be 6.3.0
> > > with Java 17?
> > >
> > > ------

> > > performant

> > > but

> > > JRE/JDK17

> > > And
> > > in
> > > using

> > > across
> > > > >
> > > https://advancedweb.hu/a-categorized-list-of-all-java-and-jvm-features-since-jdk-8-to-17

> > > https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url

> > > https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url

> > > https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/commit/abeef2dfa6b80aabd26c19460745e60837102356

> > > JDK17

> > > https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url

> > > https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url

> > > --

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: OM to JDK17 ?

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
Ok, Thank you!

----------

Re: OM to JDK17 ?

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
No quite. Maxim suggests:

Re: OM to JDK17 ?

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.

Re: OM to JDK17 ?

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good

Would moving to JDK17 be a quick follow up release of v7.0.0 ?

Re: OM to JDK17 ?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Seb, Alvaro :)

--