Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/14 23:08:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Hi all,

It has been 4 month since we have released ADS 1.0.0.

I think it's time to fire off a vote to release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Many bugs have been fixed since, some of them being very serious (28
bugs have been fixed) :
Bugs :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-730 - init script fails
due to missing commands "success" and "failure"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-755 - Referrals returned
as regular entries after server restart
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-758 - schema checking
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-779 - Can't provide an
instanceId with ServerStartupConfiguration
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-782 - Restart required
after changing password
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-783 - Adding another
value to an attribute results in the value to be added twice
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-784 - The server fails
to handle subtree refinement membership references in entries upon
object class changes
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-788 - Attribute names
are being lowercased again instead of being returned AS-IS
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-790 - Typo in all OID
bases of all Apache schema entities.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-792 - jpegPhoto
attribute is returned as a String by SearchResultEntry
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-812 - Infinite loop
while parsing a bad filter
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-813 - Filter parser does
not accept AND and OR filters with only one child filter
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-814 - ACI parser hangs
when using rangeOfValues with nested filter
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-816 - Requesting
collective attributes fails
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-819 -
getMessageTypeName() of LdapMessage returns wrong name for CompareResponse
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-820 - Collective
attributes are not injected upon polymorphic queries
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-821 - Collective
attributes should not be editable over regular entries they are injected to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-822 - Collective
attributes should be prevented from being added to any entry whose type
is not collectiveAttributeSubentry
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-823 - Problem decoding
search filter
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-827 - Spliting LDIF
lines does not work correctly
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-829 - venderVersion
attribute contains maven placeholder as value
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-830 - Windows Installer
overwrites configuration
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-835 - Trying to modify
operational attributes does not cause appropriate errors
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-839 - Importing Ldif
files with apachedsTools seems to be impossible with some valid files
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-843 - NPE in DnNormalizer
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-844 - Storing byte[]
values for textual AT is possible even if not allowed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-846 - NPE if launching
ADS without any parameter

Improvement :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-825 - Simplify default
server.xml by using another property setting style for simple values and
references

We might wait a little while for MINA 1.0.2, which is being voted at the
moment, in order to include it into ADS.

A last point : we will run VSLDAP against this version, but we are
pretty sure that we won't have any problem with it : 1.0.1 will be
compatible.

For current users, we will also provide a migration path to avoid
loosing data or configuration in the process.

So let's vote now :

[ ] +1 Release ApacheDS 1.0.1
[ ] 0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Don't release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Thanks to everyone, committers, users, and contributors alike for
allowing us to reach this point!

Regards,
Emmanuel

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
[X] +1 Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Regards,
Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Posted by "John E. Conlon" <jc...@verticon.com>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> [...]
> ADS without any parameter
>   Improvement :
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-825 - Simplify default
> server.xml by using another property setting style for simple values
> and references
>                       We might wait a little while for MINA 1.0.2,
> which is being voted at the moment, in order to include it into ADS.
>
> A last point : we will run VSLDAP against this version, but we are
> pretty sure that we won't have any problem with it : 1.0.1 will be
> compatible.
>
> For current users, we will also provide a migration path to avoid
> loosing data or configuration in the process.
>
> So let's vote now :
>
> [ ] +1 Release ApacheDS 1.0.1
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Don't release ApacheDS 1.0.1
>
> Thanks to everyone, committers, users, and contributors alike for

+1

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> So let's vote now :
>
> [X] +1 Release ApacheDS 1.0.1
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Don't release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Thanks to Alex and Emmanuel, who jointly solved both DIRSERVER-856
(Softerra connectivity) and DIRSERVER-836, my doubts are gone. In fact,
the two problems had the same cause.

Most important: I can confirm that the current version (I have checked
revision 508131) is compliant to the LDAP conformance requirements of
the Open Group (BASE profile). This is the same level, the 1.0.0 had,
and the 1.0.1 is now able to carry the "Open Group LDAP certified" label
as well.

I have therefore changed my vote to a

+1.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)
Committer :: PMC Member

Apache Directory Project
http://directory.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
[X] +1 Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> [X] +1 Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
[X] +1 Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.0.1

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 2/15/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:

> > -1
> > I assure to help analyzing/fixing these problems in order to have a high
> > quality 1.0.1 release.
>
> Thanks for your diligence I'm glad you vetoed this.  Perhaps we can fix
> this problem to change your vote.
>
> Alex

Yes, this was a regression. Thanks a lot Stefan for having pointing it out !
Damn, we almost missed it ;)

Ok, it's fixed now, let's run a new VSLDAP test and have your +1 ;)

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny