Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com> on 2007/08/01 13:06:19 UTC

Archiva releases (Take 2)

Hi All,

We (Brett, Joakim and I) have segregated the issues in Jira to prep for
the upcoming 1.0 release (finally! :-) ). Anyway, there'll be two beta
releases first before 1.0.

So..here's the plan (excerpted from Brett):
- finish all issues for 1.0-beta-1
- then move on to 1.0-beta-2 issues for the next release
- do a big bug bash to find the problems in it
- decide on these found bugs for 1.0-beta-3 or 1.0.x (known issues)

Btw, I'll prepare 1.0-beta-1 for release on August 6 (that'll be Monday
my time), and this will include the following:
1. Resolved/Closed:
- MRM-290 (Ability to pre-configure the Jetty port in conf/plexus.xml)
- MRM-326 (Adding/Editing repositories doesn't have validation)
- MRM-425 (Search and Browse do not work for snapshots)
- MRM-426 (Search does not work for snapshots because of different
version values in index and database when the snapshot version is unique)

2. In Progress/Open:
- MRM-143 (Improve error reporting on corrupt jars, poms, etc)
- MRM-275 (add "remove old snapshots" Scheduler)
- MRM-294 (Repository purge feature for snapshots)
- MRM-329 (The Reports link gives an HTTP 500)
- MRM-347 (Undefined ${appserver.home} and ${appserver.base})
- MRM-373 (Unable to delete the pre-configured example network proxy)
- MRM-412 (Add support for maven 1 (legacy) request to access a maven2
(default layout) repo )
- MRM-428 (Managed and remote repositories with same name causes problems)
- MRM-429 (Find artifact does not work when the applet is disabled)
- MRM-430 (Archiva always writes to ~/.m2/archiva.xml)

Everyone okay with this? :)

Thanks,
Deng

Re: Tomcat and Windows

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Hehe. Clever, but sounds a little voodoo...

Going with 40 sounds like a good idea, but definitely should just be
a warning IMO.

- Brett

Re: Archiva releases (Take 2)

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
Just a thought.

[...]

org/codehaus/plexus/security/plexus-security-authentication-provider-user-manager/1.0-alpha-11/plexus-security-authentication-provider-user-manager-1.0-alpha-11-sources.jar.sha1

If we take those numbers + 20% (to allow for growth), and subtract the
windows limit of 255 characters we are left with the magic # of max
characters for a windows repository root.

(178 + 20%) = 213.6
256 - 214 = 42

How about we set a 42 (creepy number) characters as the limit for the
root of a windows repository?

- Joakim

--
- Joakim Erdfelt