Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Sanjeev Kumar Rana <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/08 01:04:20 UTC

How to connect to UIMA SOAP interface using NON-Java Application.

Hi,
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I am kind of
stuck and so here is my query. I have UIMA-JAVA version running as a stand alone
vinci service. My Client program is a c++ program from which I want to call the
UIMA, But I don't want to use JNI. I read in the documentation that UIMA has a
soap interface but even if I run UIMA with a soap interface, how would I create
the soap request in my client. I could not use UIMA c++ version, as I have to
use sun-studio compiler to which uima c++ version is not ported. According my
understanding, I could connect to UIMA interface and get the request as long as
I am able to create the soap request.
Kindly help or point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Sanjeev.

Re: How to connect to UIMA SOAP interface using NON-Java Application.

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Sanjeev,

uimacpp depends on several other projects: APR, Xerces, AMQCPP and ICU.
If these prerequisites can be built for the sun platform, and it the
gnu build tools
(automake, autoconf and libtool) all work on sun too, it should not be hard to
get uimacpp to build there too.

Eddie

Posted by Sanjeev Kumar Rana <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.