Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> on 2005/01/12 13:08:03 UTC

Re: [SPAM-TAG] Lots of spam being missed with SA 3.0.2 + lots of RulesEmp rules

On Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 3:20:17 AM, Darren Coleman wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm running the latest version of SpamAssassin (3.0.2), with a healthy
> Bayes database (I believe) and pretty much all of the available rules
> from rulesemporium.com and I have noticed recently, particularly from
> comments from my users, that SA is missing a lot of clear spasm.

> I have attached one for reference which scored only 4.0 on my system
> despite having clear, unobfuscated references to two notable erectile
> dysfunction drugs.

> Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong with this?

> Thanks,

> Darren

Try installing a current Net::DNS and enabling network tests.
SURBL and other URIBL rules triggered on the URIs in
your spam:

  URIBL_AB_SURBL,URIBL_SBL,URIBL_SC_SURBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL

Those should be plenty to get them marked as spam.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org