Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Jawaharlal, Sridhar" <Sr...@GTECH.COM> on 2001/04/24 19:49:40 UTC

NullPointerException during startup

I'm trying to install Jetspeed. My system config is: Windows 2000,
JDK1.3.0_02, Tomcat 4.0 b3, Jetspeed 1.3a1. I have included the console
output.

Thanks.

---
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b3
initializing all services using org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper
initializing service: ResourcesService
end initializing all services
initializing all services using org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper
initializing service: TurbineAssemblerBrokerService
initializing service: TurbineSchedulerService
initializing service: TurbineLocalizationService
initializing service: DaemonFactory
initializing service: DaemonFactory
initializing service: TurbineUniqueIdService
initializing service: EngineContext
initializing service: JspService
initializing service: ProfileManager
initializing service: PortletCache
initializing service: ThreadPool
initializing service: RegistryManager
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registrymanager.FileWatcher.isModified(F
ileWatcher.java:165)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registrymanager.FileWatcher.run(FileWatc
her.java:144)
initializing service: URLManager
initializing service: TurbineSecurityService
initializing service: TurbinePoolBrokerService
initializing service: ResourcesService
initializing service: URLManager
initializing service: TurbineGlobalCacheService
initializing service: TurbineTemplateService
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_my.netscape
.com_publish_formats_rss-0.91.dtd file=
c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\ht
tp_my.netscape.com_publish_formats_rss-0.91.dtd
initializing service: TurbineXmlRpcService
initializing service: TurbineUploadService
end initializing all services
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b3
initializing service: ThreadPool
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.slashdo
t.org_slashdot.rdf file=
c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.slashdot
.org_slashdot.rdf
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.xmlhack
.com_rsscat.php file=
c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.xmlhack.com
_rsscat.php
Error=FeedDaemon:  Couldn't process URL:  /ocs/local.ocs
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_java.apache
.org_jetspeed_channels_apache.ocs file=
c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\ht
tp_java.apache.org_jetspeed_channels_apache.ocs
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_xml.com_xml
_xmlnews.rdf file=
c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_xml.com_xml_xmlnew
s.rdf
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_java.apache
.org_jetspeed_channels_jetspeed.rss file=
c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\
http_java.apache.org_jetspeed_channels_jetspeed.rss
DCE: isLocal: url=jndi:/WEB-INF/conf/jetspeed-config.jcfg file=
c:\den\webapps\j
etspeed\WEB-INF\cache\jndi____WEB-INF_conf_jetspeed-config.jcfg
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.mozilla
.org_news.rdf file=
c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.mozilla.org_n
ews.rdf
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_java.apache
.org_jetspeed_channels_turbine.rss file=
c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\h
ttp_java.apache.org_jetspeed_channels_turbine.rss
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\den\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.apachew
eek.com_issues_apacheweek-headlines.xml file=

Re: NullPointerException during startup

Posted by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.
"Jawaharlal, Sridhar" wrote:

> I'm trying to install Jetspeed. My system config is: Windows 2000,
> JDK1.3.0_02, Tomcat 4.0 b3, Jetspeed 1.3a1. I have included the console
> output.

The null pointer is caused by a difference of URL formats between Catalina
and Tomcat 3.2. The only impact I could see is that the portlet registry
does not refresh automatically on Catalina (you need to start/stop the server).

There's a fix in the latest CVS to remove the exception.
I'll try to completely fix the issue before the 1.3a2 release.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris