Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by John Smith <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/12 21:14:44 UTC

Deleting Records from EntityCentricIndex

I found that if I add a single triple to Rya with the EntityCentricIndex
enabled, it will add two entries to the EntityCentricIndex.  It looks like
it stores the triple in the forms OPS and SPO (in the EntityCentricIndex
table).  When I delete this triple from Rya, I can no longer see these two
entries in the EntityCentricIndex however, in the Accumulo web interface I
can see that the table now has 4 entries.  It seems as though it didn't
actually delete those entries, it just added two more entries that state
the other two are to be regarded as deleted.  Is this correct?  Are there
really 4 entries in this table?  Is it possible to scan for these from the
Accumulo shell?  Do I need special auths to see deleted values?

Re: Deleting Records from EntityCentricIndex

Posted by John Smith <jo...@gmail.com>.
I figured out what was causing the web interface to show entries in a given
table despite the fact that I deleted all of those entries.  It is simply
caused by Accumulo's compaction mechanism, or the lack there of.  The
delete command(s) is(are) held in memory until a compaction occurs after
which these files are actually deleted and the values in the Accumulo web
view are updated accordingly. (
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/accumulo_user_manual#_table_maintenance)