Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/13 20:20:44 UTC

IADB_* should become reuse

Anyone object to me changing rulesrc/sandbox/felicity/70_iadb.cf to make
all IADB_* rules reuse?  Only difference is we would have a more
accurate performance metric in the nightly masscheck.

I also want to make this change to the DNSWL_* rules.

Any objections?

Warren

Re: IADB_* should become reuse

Posted by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com>.
On 01/14/2011 03:43 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 1/14/2011 6:56 PM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:

>>> I don't believe you should be making changes to other people's
>>> sandboxes. You need to contact the specific developer.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> KAM
>>
>> felicity hasn't posted to dev@ or made a commit in a long long time. I
>> did send mail asking for permission but heard nothing. Meanwhile the
>> proposed change is absolutely harmless. Can I please just go ahead?
>>
>> Warren
>
> Wouldn't it be better to duplicate the rules the way you want them in
> your sandbox and then we can block the others from being promoted to
> live use?
>
> Regards,
> KAM

I don't understand what you mean here.  There is apparently nothing
wrong with the existing rule.  Making it "reuse" would only change the
way it is measured in the masscheck.  It does nothing else, at least
until the next rescoring.

Warren

Re: IADB_* should become reuse

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.